Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

how to get better ghas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 03:33 AM
friskyfisky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get better ghas mileage

i need to know how to get better gas mileage for my 04 stratus sxt cuz i think it's not getting wut it should, and dont give me any gay *** suggestions about this. i need to know how to get better gas mileage. also i would also like to get more power for my car so iu have faster acceleration, but nothing to expensive!!!! ok

Old 03-25-2006, 07:33 AM
kang25
Professional
Default RE: how to get better ghas mileage

k&n air filter helps, maybe a short ram intake. Problem is, if you want more power and acceleration, you are usually going to sacrifice gas mileage. Other then that, makeing sure your plugs are in good shape and that your injectors are clean I don't know of a whole lot that will improve gas mileage and give you more power.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:24 PM
TomStratRT
Professional

Gay *** suggestion coming up...right about...now:

Get a lighter foot! No, seriously. You can't look for performance and acceleration and ask about getting better gas mileage. The two don't go hand in hand. You either want to make it faster...or you slow down and baby it which in turn should get you better gas mileage (and also follow kang's advice). You could also try the goofy tornado thingy. I'm just a little funny about having objects in front of my air filter that could go flying into my throttle body (if it came apart somehow).

Old 03-25-2006, 01:34 PM
snoto

Coming off being in the ricer community for a few years, I for one know that you can't have performance and good gas milage. Like mentioned above, the two do not go hand in hand at all. It's like if George Bush was President... oh wait [sm=joke.gif]... but not really kidding.

Anyways, good luck trying to find a good solution!

Old 03-28-2006, 10:04 PM
chiller01

i just got an 01 rt and one timed it from florida to middle tennessee on a tank. 460 miles. the gas needle was about to break off so i got gas and could only fit 15.4 gallons into the 16.3 gallon tank. ive heard its not good to run that low on fuel but i wanted to keep going, like that seinfield episode. almost 30 mpg. not bad for a car that runs that well. what kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

Quick Reply: how to get better ghas mileage