Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

HELP!! car quits when a/c or defrost is turned on

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006 | 03:59 AM
bigpimpin970
Default HELP!! car quits when a/c or defrost is turned on

I have an 01 Stratus r/t and just installed a system. Now when i turn on my a/c or defrost, there is a click and the car quits, i have no idea why this is happening someone please help me!

Old 03-26-2006 | 05:23 AM
B_52
Professional
Default RE: HELP!! car quits when a/c or defrost is turned on

I hate to be the one to say it, but from your wording, I read- "I messed with my car wireing, and now it doesnt work!"

Undo what you did, and try a different method of hooking up your system.

I don't know if you have the Coupe or Sedan, but the coupe wiring would scare the daylights out of me trying to tap it somewhere. (Too much digital data running about under the dash) I'd probably run clean wires for power and ground.

2cents
V

Old 03-26-2006 | 06:22 AM
bigpimpin970
Default RE: HELP!! car quits when a/c or defrost is turned on

Well, i do not believe it was caused by anything that i did hooking up the system, just a coincidence that it started happening at the same time. i have hooked systems up in every vehicle i have ever owned and never had a problem before. i did unhook everything tho just in case, but didnt help. the car runs smooth as can be, but as soon as u turn on the a/c or defrost it causes the second fan on the radiator to kick in, and that is causing my rpms to drop so low that the car quits. the car stays running as long as i hold the gas down a little tho. Just hoping someone has had the same problem before and could let me know what it is before i have to take it to the mechanic. Oh, it is a 2 door by the way. and yeah i probably did short something out with the system, just would like to know what, if its a relay or something? cuz that is what i am leaning towards right now, thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: HELP!! car quits when a/c or defrost is turned on