Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Turbo Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:18 AM
4banginStrat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbo Stratus

After doing some thinking and research, my plan is if I go the turbo route...is to drop in the complete motor and turbo. Either from a wrecked srt neon or just order one through a dodge dealer. The motors are too different just to slap a turbo on it. Just depends, the Dodge Challenger is calling my name ya'll!

Old 04-30-2006, 02:27 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have seen the 4g64 engine put out tons of power with turbocharging...

and to change to the SRT4 motor isnt just a "drop in"..

Old 04-30-2006, 04:26 PM
4banginStrat

I should have said the motors are too different just to add the srt turbo to it. I know they make turbo kits for just about anything but figured goint with the srt package would be simple. I was not sure if it would "drop in" or not. You know anyone who has put a turbo on this motor and what the cost and mods are?

Old 04-30-2006, 04:42 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

lots of people have boosted 4g64s...keep in mind, many of the components of the 4g63 works on your motor.

try www.mitsubishiforum.com

we have quite a few evo guys there who know the ins and outs of the head swap and such.

Old 04-30-2006, 08:07 PM
4banginStrat

Thanks for the info...I will continue to research this. I am new and the engine designations are greek. I know that the srt has dohc and mine has sohc and now know that they have different compression. Gonna have to look up and learn about them some more.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:36 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

no problem...i admin that site as well...

Old 05-02-2006, 03:14 PM
supermanssxt

like i said go to neons.org, lots of people over there have done 2.0 to 2.4 swaps then turbod them, and from what i read its quite costly, alot of people think they can get the turbo setup off a srt4 since its a 2.4 as well but its not true, you need lots of research , additional parts, then pcm, and on top of that without a new bottom end ur not gonna be able to run much boost, ive seen complete srt4 setups with trans go on ebay for like 3k, it truthfully would be easier to buy a complete srt4 setup, pcm, trans and all and pay to put it in, cause it will easily cost you 3-4k to turbo your strat and still probably wouldnt be as reliable as a srt4 motor.

Old 05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
4banginStrat

ORIGINAL: supermanssxt

like i said go to neons.org, lots of people over there have done 2.0 to 2.4 swaps then turbod them, and from what i read its quite costly, alot of people think they can get the turbo setup off a srt4 since its a 2.4 as well but its not true, you need lots of research , additional parts, then pcm, and on top of that without a new bottom end ur not gonna be able to run much boost, ive seen complete srt4 setups with trans go on ebay for like 3k, it truthfully would be easier to buy a complete srt4 setup, pcm, trans and all and pay to put it in, cause it will easily cost you 3-4k to turbo your strat and still probably wouldnt be as reliable as a srt4 motor.
Thanks for the info. Sent you a PM!

Quick Reply: Turbo Stratus