Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Dead Battery - now radio dead with blinking lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:26 AM
mconwell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Battery - now radio dead with blinking lights

I have a 2001 Stratus 2.7L 4 door. It has a cassette radio and a 4 disc CD changer

I recently had a dead battery - had the battery replaced and now the radio will not power on.

The CD changer seems to work and accept and eject CDs, but of course if there is no radio, there is no sound.

The 3 equalizer siders each have an orange LED that blink a pattern in unison - Bright, Dim, Off - which seems to repeat forever.

I do not have any sort of alarm on the car.

Everything else seems to work.

I pulled the fuse for the radio (#14 I think) - when the fuse was out the flashing LEDs stopped (so it was the right one) but after reinsertion, the flashing lights continued and the radio still will not power on.

I've also noticed the lights flash whether or not there the radio is on or off but stop when I remove the key from the ignition.

Any ideas?

Old 04-21-2008, 06:07 PM
shuttle
Default RE: Dead Battery - now radio dead with blinking lights

Mine did the same thing..2001 Status... Except when I reconnected the battery the car went nuts.. panel lights flicker..car won't run right.. it became possesed.... Hard to believe that a radio dies because battery runs down... 2nd radio for my car...
Now I have issues... the radio dying is the smallest of problems it created....

Did you find out anything?

Old 04-21-2008, 08:12 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since it's a 2+ year old post and he never posted again , I doubt you'll hear from him ...

Old 04-21-2008, 08:58 PM
mconwell

Unfortunately, I could never find a solution. I went to several dealers and a couple of mechanics.

Most of the mechanics thought it was a security feature of the radio, but Dodge said that the radio didn't have that feature. Many people offered to sell me a new radio though.

I ended up relying on my iPod for everything and eventually bought a new car.

Quick Reply: Dead Battery - now radio dead with blinking lights