Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

start, go, die.....no code?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006 | 09:08 PM
highrevr/tflea
|
Champion
Default start, go, die.....no code?

My mother's strat 2.5 Liter v6 2001 is @ 115000 miles after a nice long trip to CIVIL war sites and back ......Now is acting up. My dad puts in Champion Platinums ...which was what was originally in this car 65000 miles ago...w/ no real damage to the old ones other then heat marks around the white. So the car starts runs for a minute dies and NO CODE. Scan tools dont show anything. So now were in a pickle (snicker). Any Ideas would be appreciated and its not the spark plugs or wires so give us an idea ASAP...thanks!!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2006 | 12:30 AM
2.4 DOHC Demon
Default RE: start, go, die.....no code?

You may need a new coil pack. I have a 2.4 DOHC and one day when I put a new racin transmission in it I was excited (very excited!!) and the pack went out. I was only getting voltage to two cylinders and eventually it would die. But thats most likely the problem. The stratii have major problems with coil packs. I hope this could be of some help.

Old 06-05-2006 | 02:04 PM
highrevr/tflea
|
Champion
Default RE: start, go, die.....no code?

Crank position sensor....was the prob.

Quick Reply: start, go, die.....no code?