Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2.7L Rebuild Kit.. Need Some Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:55 PM
rw79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.7L Rebuild Kit.. Need Some Advice

Hi,
My father-in-law has a 2001 Dodge Stratus with the horrible 2.7L V-6. The cam went and the rest of the motor with it. He is having a hard time finding a rebuild kit. Does anyone know of a good place that a rebuild kit can be gotten from for this engine. The cheaper the better. Thank you so much and help is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-13-2006, 09:10 AM
gMatt82
Rookie
Default RE: 2.7L Rebuild Kit.. Need Some Advice

I wanted to rebuild an old 88 302 to try and bring it back to life in my old van. I knew a few mechanics, one I worked with, but none of them had the equipment nor knew anyone that knew someone with the machining equipment necessary to re-machine the cylinders, the heads, etc etc, so the cost for me, would have gone more then buying a new 302. Just an example of what most likely will happen. If you don't do the work like that with the re-machining, you're bound to cause troubles down the road as well, that was one thing I was told by them when I was adamant about getting a rebuild. Just some food for thought...

Old 06-13-2006, 05:11 PM
tomthedog
Captain
Default RE: 2.7L Rebuild Kit.. Need Some Advice

if the motor has less than 70k on it talk to the regional dodge people, they might be able to help if you talk to them the right way. check the fine print on your warrenty info, my '02 is 7/70 with the 2.7!

if that don't work try e-bay for a motor or a strip yard with national part resorces(quite a few now days).

Quick Reply: 2.7L Rebuild Kit.. Need Some Advice