Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

TRANS HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:21 AM
m6keharr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRANS HELP PLEASE!

Wassap,
Well my dad just replaced the selinoid pack in his 96 a/t transmission stratus and no wthe car will stall whenever you put it in drive. We scanned it and no codes came up. He did mension that when he took the selinoid out, a couple of jets fell out then he placed them back in what he assumed was the proper spots. Is this symptoms of the jets being in the wrong place or do we have to callibrate the car?

LMK thanks

Old 06-03-2006, 01:57 AM
B_52
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRANS HELP PLEASE!

Im no tranny expert, but I would think the swap would be pretty straight forward without need for anything in the computer. You could reset it (pull the connection to the battery) and let it reprogram (recalibrate) itself cause that is quick and free. I also know modern ECUs will cut the signal to the coils/plugs durring a gear shift (reducing RPMs) to dampen the shift itself. Maybe something there?
But in all honesty, I think yer gonna research the job as a whole, and those jets a bit further, 5 to 1 says it simply didnt go back together right.

V

Quick Reply: TRANS HELP PLEASE!