Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1995 DODGE STRATUS STALLS WHEN WARM

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 11:40 PM
lilboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 DODGE STRATUS STALLS WHEN WARM

I have 1995 Stratus 2.4L DOHC. The problem I am having is the engine runs fine until the temperature hands reaches the halfway mark. Then both fans comes on @ high speed and the car eventually stalls. As long as the temp. hand is below half, the car runs fine. The check engine light does not come on. I removed the thermostat, checked the spark plugs and wires and see no signs of water or oil loss.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:24 PM
tomthedog
Captain
Default RE: 1995 DODGE STRATUS STALLS WHEN WARM

MAYBE your coolant temp sensor is on the way out. check to see if you have any codes. within 5sec turn your key to "run", "off", "run", "off", and "run". watch the check eng light. FLASH..PAUSE..FLASH..FLASH...LOONG pause is code 12: battery discon with in last 50 starts. code 55 is end of codes. good luck.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:54 AM
lilboy

Thanks for the reply. I check the codes and the only ones I get are the 12 and 55. I went ahead and replaced the temp sensor and still have the same problem.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:53 PM
tomthedog
Captain

as this only happens when hot, sounds like a PCM is getting odd signals. give it tune up if you havn't done so, changing the fuel filter as well. even though your plug wires look good put a multi-meter on them to see if they all have the same ohms. pull your oxy sensors and at least hit them with a wire brush to clean off the soot that is covering them by now. let me know what you find out. good luck.

Quick Reply: 1995 DODGE STRATUS STALLS WHEN WARM