Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Overheating and Leaking water

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006 | 06:37 PM
cweilenman
Default Overheating and Leaking water

I have a 2002 Stratus that has started overheating and when I stop water comes out from the bottom of the car. I replaced the termostat and it still overheats and leaks. The next thing would be the water pump, but the weird thing is that the temp gauge went down at stops during the test drive after replacing the thermostat. Any clues as to the gauge drops at stops and could there be another reason for the overheating and water leaks besides the pump now? HELP!

Old 06-27-2006 | 10:07 PM
B_52
Professional
Default RE: Overheating and Leaking water

First ya gotta spot where the water is coming from. If your overflowing your reservoir, replace your radiator cap. The temp dropping at stops is kinda unusual

Which Strat do you have? Coupe or Sedan? Engine size?

Vince

Old 06-28-2006 | 11:25 AM
cweilenman

Sedan 4 banger 2.4 liter DOHC, after I stop I pop the hood and the water coming out is just near the pump, no moisture around the radiator cap or thermostat housing. I think it's just the pump, but wanted some advice first.

Chrissie

Old 06-28-2006 | 07:36 PM
tomthedog
Captain

sounds like a pump to me. BUT check your hoses first, might have a small leak doing everything. good luck.

Quick Reply: Overheating and Leaking water