Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 Stratus Electrical Proble

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 07:06 PM
daveydet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Stratus Electrical Proble

Hey there.I own a 2000 Dodge Stratus that has an electrical problem during late fall to early spring.The car seems to have an electrical problem inwhich all lights will flicker and the rear-window defroster will intermittenly shut off and on. I've taken the car to several dealerships to no avail as the problem usually does not occur at that time. During the summer months my car operates normally. Any ideas?? Please help.daveydet@pacbell.net

Old 12-25-2003, 11:41 PM
Stratusfear
Rookie

Well this probable wont solve youre problem , but in the summer months the increase in tempurature causes the metal to expand giveing a better conection to the obviusly loose one you have , now where it is is only trial and error.</P>

First off, check and see if both the lights that are flickering and the defroster is on same circuit,and they both happen at the same time, it will most likely be at the fuse panel, ask that that be checked.</P>

Sure hope that helps !</P>

Old 01-08-2004, 10:53 PM
sheared13

Hey,</P>

I had the same exact problem with my '99 Stratus. After all my various trips to the mechanic for other issues, they still could not pinpoint the problem as it usually would not happen when i brought it in. Finally, I had to get my alternator replaced, and it solved the problem.</P>

Quick Reply: 2000 Stratus Electrical Proble