Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

considering a 2003 stratus rt..??'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:32 AM
dizzygrinch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default considering a 2003 stratus rt..??'s

hello, I am looking to buy a used 2003 stratus rt. Are there certain things I should look for? also, i have heard that the 2.7's are bad motors, should I be leary?

Old 08-02-2006, 11:40 PM
TomStratRT
Professional
Default RE: considering a 2003 stratus rt..??'s

Didn't 03 R/T's come with a 3.0? Or was it an option?

Old 08-02-2006, 11:46 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: considering a 2003 stratus rt..??'s

ORIGINAL: dizzygrinch

hello, I am looking to buy a used 2003 stratus rt. Are there certain things I should look for? also, i have heard that the 2.7's are bad motors, should I be leary?
The 2.7L only comes in the Stratus R/T sedan. The Stratus R/T coupe has the Mitsubishi 7g63 3.0L V6 motor in it. Two totally different motors.

The 2.7L's have a bad history with sludge....but I'm not sure if that applied to the Stratus model or not. You'd be better served to ask BadStratRT or Thump186.

As for things to look for, check for the last major maintenance, as the timing belt and transmission are two things you want to keep a good eye on. If the cars around 50k....look over the struts as they're close to being do for replacement....also keep an eye on the motor mounts....as they're crappy rubber and will most likely have worn down or worn out...

Quick Reply: considering a 2003 stratus rt..??'s