Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

engine swaping questions and a rotor question

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 05:47 PM
FireFighter2114
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swaping questions and a rotor question

i have a 2002 dodge stratus wanting do a engine swap. mainly becouse my engine has 137 thousand miles on it. And the engine is knocking. I have the 4 cylinder 2.4 liter. And want to know what eninge would be a good swap. i want a 6 cylender 3.2 liter or higher. Also on my stratus my brake rotors keep warping, I'm forced to replace my brakes and rotors every 6 months or so. I'm not heavy on the brakes. Any feed back for eather of these would be apperciated.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:50 AM
tomthedog
Captain
Default RE: engine swaping questions and a rotor question

don't know about the motor. brake fluid soaks up water vapor. if enough water gets into the brake system it can boil and expand causing slight pressure on the brakes. this causes the rotors to heat up too much and warp. try flushing out all the break fluid and replacing it with new fluid. you might (pretty rare) have a problem with the proportiong valve, it regs how much press gets sent to the front/rear brakes. get a bud to help change the brake fluid as brake fluid should be changed every few years anyway + it's the cheapest thing to do first. good luck.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:44 PM
FireFighter2114

alright ill do that when i replace my brakes and rotors.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:51 PM
tomthedog
Captain

shoulda thought about this too. might be time to rebuild the caliper, should be able to find a rebuild kit at your parts store. not hard to do at all. if you have a bad o-ring or packing the brake piston might not be retracking all the way back like it should. good luck.

Quick Reply: engine swaping questions and a rotor question