Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

3.0 Liter Specs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Woobang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.0 Liter Specs...

Hey all!!

I'm looking to find specific specs for the 2001 3.0 Liter engine. I've searched the net some but I dont come up with much. I guess I'd like to see more than just Hp ratings... things like mass air meter, throttle body, intake manifolds, etc. Maybe i just haven't looked hard enough but you'd think there would be more options for performance being the Eclipse is very popular on the imoprt scene.

I built an '88 5.0 Mustang a few years ago, building this was quite simple with the vastavailabile parts. Here is an idea of its upgrades:

- Cam, Roller Rockers, Heads
- Edelbrock Aluminium Intake, Throttle Body, CAI, Mass Air Meter, K&N
- Computer, Injectors, Fuel Pump, Ignition (Crane)
- Headers, Full Exhaust (2.5)

That just a quick run down of the stuff I did but parts for this were very easy to come by. Is this possible with the 3.0 liter V6? I'm a person who likes the all motor cars... not to say I dont like forced induction, just I'd like to get some respectable HP out of the motor before that point.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:40 AM
B_52
Professional
Default RE: 3.0 Liter Specs...

Welcome aboard.

Sadly you will find your options on the Strat very limited. Forced induction systems exist, see Ripp Mods http://www.rippmods.com/
and Tearstone http://tearstone.com/store/
But the truth of the matter is that this platform does not lend itself to easy or cost effective mods. Doable? Yes, big bucks can tackle nearly any obstical, but reality points out that the Strat is a luxury sport coupe, extreemly heavy, poorly ballanced, and always defeatable by lesser cars with lesser money invested.

2 cents
btw: the Strat is my 4 Mitsu, and probalby about my 16th car, so I'm not a beginner at this topic, just a realist.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Woobang

As I have to agree with what your saying... I'm not looking to do 10 sec quarters or anything. In my experience if you can upgrade cam, heads, intake manifold, throttle body and mass air all you regular bolt ons will respectively work the way they are intended. CAI's, exhaust, etc. are normally tested by makers on moded engines to advertise the highest hp. Add up all the advertised hp they "say" you'll get get from most bolt-ons and you'll have 100hp after a few parts... but we know thats not the case . I'm just looking to get into the 13's some where with out forced induction. I dont really mind who can beat me, I think this would be a very fun car at that level. As far as heavy goes this car isnt to bad weighing in at 3100lbs soaking wet. My '88 Mustang GTwas close to 3300lbs and the new ones are just as heavy with way less dynamics in the suspension. In short this car handles way better than my stang. I know price wise, normal bolt ons are way cheaper though

Old 03-03-2007, 07:53 AM
B_52
Professional

Ive only had my Strat a year, but monitoring the boards tells me a 13 second Strat is simply not doable without FI. The 2.4L has far more aftermarket options, as it is the same basic 2.0L that made mitsu famous in the performance circles. Our 3.0L is a bastard stepchild, that fits in no race circles. It shares nothing with the 3.0l in the 3000 GT, and was designed and built as a "peppy" commuter grade package. Hence aftermarket support is virtually non existent.
With the 3.0, you have no options for cams, limited manifolds, (mostly hand-me-downs from the Mitsu Diamante) and a vehicle so integrated into its on board computers that the slightest change make the car undrivable. Your in luck though, as they just cracked the ECU a few months back, so more things may come your way that didn't exist before. But you will find the computer(s) are a real pain.....grrr...
Anyhow, you will find most of this out with further study, but I wish you the best at tweaking what you can from this platform.

peace

Old 03-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Woobang

THank you very much for your replies!! After you left that post last night I looked at your photos... WOW nice car! As a matter of fact when I saw this car at the dealer (long story, but worth telling sometime), I went home to find out what I could find on the web. I found pics of your car on the beach and thought DAMN that car looks sweet!!! So I hold you responsible for me buying this car

Old 03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
B_52
Professional

Great!
Now I have a guilt complex to deal with! Thanks!

Naa, just kidding, Thanks for the complement, and yes the car is certainly a "looker".
Lucky for me it is one of the first cars I have bought with nearly ZERO intent of modifying, (I Still have my Mitsubish Starion, and Galant VR-4, which will kick the Strats butt, should I feel the need tweak motors again.)
But the Strat is my first "old mans car" (ie automatic, seats 5 and has a big trunk for travel) or as close to one as I gould force myself to get.... So Stock it is almost exactly what I wanted.
Only planned mod is an LSD, and as soon as they perfect the ECU hack I'll attempt to convert from auto, to auto-stick.

later.
V

Quick Reply: 3.0 Liter Specs...