Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stratus keyless entry remote question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:42 PM
ALBYGIRL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stratus keyless entry remote question

Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to get mymom's01 Stratus R/Tfor my 27th birthday since she doesn't drive anymore, and it only has 44k miles. Its practically brand new, and I love it!

I do have a question though, she had her purse stolen about a year ago so she lost both sets of keys and both remotes. She hardly ever used the remotes so she only bought 1 replacement key so thats all I have now.

I found a few places to get replacement remotes, but I wanted to check to make sure these are correct before I order:

- FCC ID : -OUCG8D-525M-A -
- CANADA : -850104241A -
- OMRON - G8D-525M-A8 -

Old 03-19-2007, 12:45 AM
B_52
Professional
Default RE: Stratus keyless entry remote question

The image shown is correct for the coupe, and not the sedan.
for help programming, start here
http://home.wavecable.com/~vtucker/p...he_stratus.htm

Vince

Old 03-19-2007, 02:06 AM
ALBYGIRL

Thanks, yes I have a coupe. I was wondering why there were different remotes coming up in searches, I guess the sedan uses the regular Dodge type remote.

Well I browsed ebay and the listingsI found there were mostly worn out buttons and scratched up remotes which was disappointing, especially since they weren't much less in price. I found 2 sites that seem to specialize in the remotes:

The keyless rde site has them for $45 but their site doesn't list any part numbers and they dont seem to have the TRUNK button and haven't responded to my email.

Thenhttps://www.OriginalKeyless.comhas themwith the part numbers for$29so I'm going to try that site. My baby is too shiny to get a beat up part. :P I'll check back if I need help with the programming.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 AM
ALBYGIRL

Yay!

The remotes arrived Saturday morning.. The packaging took forever to open, but I guess I'd rather have something extra padded in shipment instead of not enough padding and damaged in the mail.

Programming was pretty easy even though the instructions kind of look complicated at first. If someone wants them PM me or I can post them here...whatever works.

Its hilarious that dealerships want so much for remotes and then charge extra just to program them when there are sites like this to use.

The Dodge category is one of the first link on the left on their site if anyone is interested -
https://www.OriginalKeyless.com

Old 03-27-2007, 12:14 AM
B_52
Professional

Cool, glad to hear your up and running.

If possable, could you post them here?
I'd like to see how they compare to the instructions on my site. (I wrote them from the shop manual...)

peace
Vince

Old 03-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Woobang

Let me know if you find one that works, Im shopping for one of thoes myself.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:09 AM
ALBYGIRL

Ahh, took forever to type...but this is a copy of what my instructions said -

1. Locate the Data Line Connector (DLC) underneath the driver's side dashboard. The DLC is typically located either to the left or the right of the steering column base. Notice how the DLC is tapered on both ends: you will be working on the wider row of cavities
2. Insert keys in Ignition and leave in the off position.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Line Connector (DLC) terminal 1 to terminal 4 with a suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4.
4. Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. (Note) The doors will automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.
5. Press either the lock or unlock button on the transmitter to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful
programming, the door will lock and unlock once.
6. Repeat step 5, with any other remotes to be programmed (up to four remotes) (including any existing remotes), within one minute. After completing each programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.
7. Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the
ignition.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:08 AM
B_52
Professional

Perfect, thank you.

The only variation in instructions from my site is jumpering to pin 4 instead of ground. (I suspect pin 4 IS ground)
Good to have confirmation.
Anyhow thanks again!

v

Old 06-11-2007, 11:16 PM
topside

Beware, albygirl is a spammer, and more likely a scammer.

Please search google for "The packaging took forever to open", and click show related results. You'll see lots of different car sites where the same type of post is used and she then responds with the same result..."Yay! I got the remotes today. The packaging took forever to open, but I guess I'd rather have something extra padded in shipment instead of not enough padding and damaged in the mail."

I ordered a keyless entry unit for my Mazda3 and they charged my CC# but haven't shipped anything. They sent me a notice with a tracking number, saying the part has shipped, but USPS only shows they received a notification to "expect the shipment" not that it's been received.

Therefor, treat this as a scam, and DO NOT USE THE SITE MENTIONED, originalkeyless.com. To prove to you further scam behavior, try calling the number on the site. You will find 1) It's just a recording saying call volume is high and to email them instead. and 2) They use this number as a fax number as well...interesting since you cant get anything or anyone to pick up anyway.

I'll update if I ever receive my remote, but I've emailed them MANY times over the past week and never received a response. Buyer beware.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:53 AM
cryptanalyst

I have a 2001 Stratus ES Sedan 4D. Will the programming (enabling/disabling stuff) work for my car too?

Quick Reply: Stratus keyless entry remote question