Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

'97 won't shft out of second

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 04:31 PM
dstefl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '97 won't shft out of second

Hello,
My girlfriend purchased a '97 Stratus about a year ago. When she took it in for its first oil change they told her that the transmission fluid was burnt and needed to be changed. Before she did it she had me look at the fluid and it was discolored. I told here that it should be changed and she waited about a year before doing so. Well a few monts ago the car would shift fine and then all the sudden shift into neutral for a second and then down into second gear. Now it will go into first and second just fine but won't attempt to shift into third. We took it to a tranny shop and they told us it was the shift solinoid pack and it needed to be changed. Well i changed itmyselfand stil have the same problem. i reset the computer after i was finished and nothing. The check engine light is on and the code is P0700 Transmission Control System. If anyone has ANY ideas please let me know. I am willing to try many things before she spends 2,000 on a rebuilt transmission!

Quick Reply: '97 won't shft out of second