Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

so ive decided

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:11 PM
cc89formula
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so ive decided

that im buying a viper.

Reason: im 20 years old, and just moved away from home to be with my fiance while she was at school. she broke up with me 3 days before i moved. so now i just feel like doing something for me so screw it im buying a viper.

ok so really i probably wont ever in my life own a viper, but i had been doing some reading. i read somewhere along the way they had a run of "not so good cars" when was that? any ideas? ive been looking at 96/97ish cars. would that be a good investment or do would i want to look at something more late model?

Old 09-14-2007, 02:17 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: so ive decided

I have never heard of "not so good" Viper's. The Viper did not have to live through those ugly years (mid 70s-90ish).

If you want an investment car and want a 96/97 get a blue with white stripes GTS or a Shelby edition Viper. Maybe even a RT McViper.

If you want to get a car to drive most of the timethen any GTS that is not B/W in 96 or 97 would be a good choice. RT's are to much of a pain in the butt (due to the top)to make into a drive most of the time car.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 PM
JAKD RAM
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

I have never heard of "not so good" Viper's. The Viper did not have to live through those ugly years (mid 70s-90ish).

If you want an investment car and want a 96/97 get a blue with white stripes GTS or a Shelby edition Viper. Maybe even a RT McViper.

If you want to get a car to drive most of the timethen any GTS that is not B/W in 96 or 97 would be a good choice. RT's are to much of a pain in the butt (due to the top)to make into a drive most of the time car.
Why are RT/10's a pain in the butt? I have a 99 RT/10 and I've had no problems. I like it more because mine looks almost like a GTS with the 3 piece top, yet I can still take the top off and enjoy the nice weather. But like you said there are no "not so good" year vipers.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:31 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

good investment
Accounting or economics? Unless the Viper has low miles and you plan to keep it in show room condition for 50+ years by never driving it then it's a long termfinancial investment. There are no short term investments (90 days to 1 year) with cars.It's still an asset either waywith depreciating value until it hits a point then has growing market value assuming it's in good condition.

Quick Reply: so ive decided