Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

UPDATE!!!! Shifter stuck in 3rd but reverse lights on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 11:49 PM
quigs
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE!!!! Shifter stuck in 3rd but reverse lights on?

I shifted into 3rd but it wasn't in gear (was in neutral still) but the shifter was in the 3rd gear location and the reverse lights came on. I had to pull really hard to pull it back. Brought it to the dealer and they said weren't going to fix it even though it has a warranty.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what caused it?

I had to go and take the car back, they were holding on to it and waiting until the warrentee expired. The only thing they fixed was the weather striping and both door pannels (because the "viper mechanic" broke them when removing them)

What should I do, they refused to fix the car and the kicker is a mechanic hit a toolbox when pulling in and it hit the side of the car. Ruining the tail light, wheel, and exhaust pannel. Also making deep scraches in the rear quarter and door. They won't sit down and talk about the incident with us and I'm sure its going to end up on the title.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:50 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Shifter stuck in 3rd but reverse lights on?

Have not heard that one before, hopefully it is something easy, like the shifter or the shifter ball falling out of the linkage. Otherwise.... $$$$$

If the car is under warranty you need to find a new dealer as that is BS.

Quick Reply: UPDATE!!!! Shifter stuck in 3rd but reverse lights on?