Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

Drivers window, electronic door lock failing

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:27 PM
viperguy1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers window, electronic door lock failing

Have a 2002 GTS Final Edition. Pristine condition and 8000 miles. The drivers side power window began not to work unless the door was closed or very near closed. As I open the door more, the power window stops working. Now, the electronic door lock drivers side has quit working. I have to manually open from the passenger side. Since now, 2 electronic devices in the drivers door have become intermittant or inop, it's seems to me that there must be a cable or connector that runs to the drivers door internal components that must be loose. The fact that I can pull the door near closed and the window starts working seems to indicate a connection that is making when the door is closed and breaking when the door begins to swing open. I'm assuming that same connector/wiring explains the door lock failure as well.

Before I start yanking interior door panels off etc, anyone seen this? Anyone know where the cabling and connectors may be? They could be in the interior side by the drivers floor kickplate or in the door itself to pulling the door panel apart may be a bad move.

HELP!

Old 01-19-2008, 04:04 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Drivers window, electronic door lock failing

Eventaully your door popper will quit to

Your wires are breaking where they exit the car into the door. This is why initially it would give you adifferent reactiondepending what position the door was opened/closed. It is very common and an easy repair with some wire and splicing tools.

Quick Reply: Drivers window, electronic door lock failing