Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

Just bought a 93 and need some help with mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:14 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would keep the gears. With the added torque of the SC the smaller gears will help keep traction. Well, actually you will not be able to keep traction but it will be a little better. Plus it is less shifting. Have to love 115MPH in 3rd

Is it a early 93 or late? In case you do not know the difference early has the antenna on the rear fender and battery in the trunk, vs in the windshiled and behind the rear tire.

Oh, and have Tator replace the head gaskets, T-Stat and T-Stat gaskets since you will already have the intake off, that is unless it has been done already.

Good choice with Tator by the way, other than Roe he would be the only one I would let do any major work on my car or truck. But since I am to far away I will just keep doing it myself. Damn, I really need a lift!

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 08-12-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:24 PM
MadMax4688
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
Is it early 93 or late? In case you do not know the difference early has the antenna on the rear fender and battery in the trunk, vs in the windshiled and behind the rear tire.
Its Early 93 with the antenna on the back (ugly!) and the battery is under the cars trunk. I'm replacing the antenna with a power one because it will never use it (I only listen to XM). I am also upgrading the hood to a gen 2 and doing the gen 2 exhaust covers with the side pipe holes cut out. I know there will be some people that will hate me for doing this to a limited production car but I saved it from being parted out so I figure I can give it a second chance on life. Also I'm hoping to have it painted yellow with black stripes by spring. we'll see if my wallet will allow it.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:40 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are repainting just have the antenna removed

Quick Reply: Just bought a 93 and need some help with mods