Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

O2 Sensors '08 Viper

Old 10-02-2013, 11:08 PM
tnicosia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sensors '08 Viper

I have a Dodge '08 Viper with 4200 miles on it. I'm getting trouble codes with the engine light on for what appears to be the O2 sensor. Car will not run over 2500 RPM.
Trouble codes are:
P2273 rich, oxy sensor
P0304, cyl poor misfire
P0316 misfire at 1st 1000 rpm

Can anyone offer some advice on what to do to try to correct this. I can assume changing the O2 sensor or sensors? And I'm guessing there is only one set of O2 sensors, nothing "downstream" near the cat's.
In addition to add to it, it appears that the outer protective plastic casing that is use to protect the wires coming from the O2 sensor has gotten so hot, they melted although the wires and protective coating themselves look okay.
Note.....Hennesey Stage 1 performance system installed which includes headers, high flow cats, high flow air filter and tuning.
Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2013, 09:13 AM
cruzer55
Veteran

Try changing the pigtail to the O2 sensor,part counter.If it was heat related damage the copper is toast.When you replace it use some heatwrap for extra protection.It maybe grounding out causing the codes,Just a thought.....

Old 10-04-2013, 09:26 AM
tnicosia

Thanks for your idea. I took a quick look at it and notice all the protective plastic housing around it has melted. So I'll put it up on a lift and look to changing all that. I agree, I need to wrap the wiring with some heat protective wrap this time around.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: O2 Sensors '08 Viper