02 Ram Van "no bus" issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 02:15 AM
bbbuzo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Ram Van "no bus" issue

Help! I have a 02 Ram Van 3500, 5.9L.Two nights ago I was leaving a job and when I pulled the headlight **** nothing happened. I'd been having problems with them for a couple of months now. I would have to wiggle the **** around to get the lights to come on so I had already gone to the local Pick-up and got a replacement light switch to have on hand. Turns out the plastic jack that the switch plugs into had gotten hot and had some warpage to it. I plugged the replacement switch in and it didn't work either. At that point I decided I would just use a paint stirring stick to hold the high low beam lever forward. The next day I went to Pickleball and I got the entire switch and the jack that it plugs into. Since it was still daytime I figured I'd install it later on in the day. When I turn the key to start the van it turned over but it did not start and right away I noticed it said no bus in the odometer window. I'd had a similar problem about a year prior to this where I was getting the note bus message and the vehicle would start but then randomly die. I took to the internet and found the place that repaired modules 2 days later I got an email and they advertised a 3-day turnaround so I filled out the form and describe the symptoms and trouble codes I was getting. 2 days later I got an email from the place telling me that my module was not repairable and offered to sell me a new unit for $300 more. I told them to stick it and I went to Pick-N-Pull and got a module, installed it, and never had another problem. This time it was just no bus no start, period. Meanwhile, while stranded at Pick-n-Pull I spliced in the replacement headlight switch. The following day I went in and got a module out of a 98 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter engine and installed that. Now the van starts but I still get the no bus message and the check gauges light is on and the transmission temp light is on and as the engine gets warmer it starts breaking down. Is there something I could have done when messing with the headlight switch that would cause the no bus situation?

Quick Reply: 02 Ram Van "no bus" issue