Exterior Modifications Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

tint over rear defrost

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:14 PM
97dohc2dr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tint over rear defrost

I'm thinking about tinting my windows, but had a question
First off, do you put the tint on the inside or outside of the window?
And when you do the rear if it has defrost grids, will the tint affect the grid or will the grid affect the tint?

thanks for any help
brian

Old 07-22-2007, 04:24 PM
OneBadKota
All Star
Default RE: tint over rear defrost

On the inside. No, the tint won't be effected by the defroster. However, I noticed stickers on the back window(outside) do get effected. Mine did anyways.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My integra had tint on the inside with the defrost and it was fine (except for the bubble in it but that's because the guy who had it before me did it himself and screwed up). If your defroster grid is on the inside just be very careful (or tell the shop to be careful) and ensure that you do not cut the grid when trimming the film. In other words don't cut it up against the window or you'll cut the defroster lines. If it's inside the glass you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:19 PM
marionso14
Professional

tint goes on the inside, and no the defroster will not affect the tint as long as all the bubbles and dirt are removed

Old 10-13-2007, 07:43 PM
2007CustomCaliber
Rookie

I have been tinting for about 20yrs now and if you do the tint yourself you will prob need to do the rear window in pieces (strips)
you will have to over lap strips 2-4 depending on thus having to cut along defroster lines (unless you are good with a knife)
best bet is take it to someone to have it done
just my own rules for window tint...for rear windows with rear defrost lines...do not use rear defrost for 1 full week.. if you plan on getting it soon (in my area it is damp on car in the morning) dont use rear defrost
also ask if they done the tint in pieces (strips) if yes then always and i mean always when cleaning inside of rear window follow lines when cleaning do not go up and down
and never use windex or any window or glass cleaner
get yourself an old spray bottle and mix with either 6-10 drops of liquid dish soap or add vineger to water
hope this helps

Quick Reply: tint over rear defrost