General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Tire suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 10:26 AM
bmanosu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire suggestions?

Hi,</P>

I have a 2000 Duragno with 55K miles. The Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires that came with the vehicle are starting to show their age. Before I break the bank for the identical tire, does anyone have any suggestions for another option that will still give comparable or better performance for less cost? I do mostly on road driving, but I need a good off-road truck tire for when I find myself in snow or mudd.</P>

Thanks!</P>

Old 12-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally like, use and recommend Kelly Tires. I have Kelly Safari AWR Tires.

I don't think they are much,if at allcheaper, but I went from Goodyear Wranglers to Kelly's and I thought the tread sound on the road was less, the gripage was better, and I've not gotten stuck in the mud or snow since I got them. (And I live in Michigan, snow is usually ample, LOL!!) Plus I liked the raised white letters. They are easier to clean and keep white then the Goodyears... again, this is all in my opinion. Just thought I'd toss it out there.

~Amanda

Old 01-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Redhairedcwgirl
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally use BF Goodrich A/Ts on my Ram, had Michelins from the factory and went with them 1 more time after factory tireswore out,becuse I did a lot of on road driving. I did get a lot of wear out of the Michelins, however, I am not a Michelin person. </P>

The BF Goodrich A/Ts are probably around the same price range as the Goodyears, possibly more, (A/T) I like the traction and the way they handle, and, of cousre, they look sooo hot on my Ram! Those white letters really make the chrome stand out!If you're interested, my husband likes the handling and perfromance of the BF Goodrich A/Ts also. We do a lot of hunting, camping, mmudding, very little snow (AL) , so that's what we use them for.</P>

Hope this gives you a little insight, happy tire hunting!</P>

</P>

Quick Reply: Tire suggestions?