General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

96 voyager 3.3 random cyl misfire and stalls

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:05 PM
pdxminivanman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 voyager 3.3 random cyl misfire and stalls

Hello

i have a 96 voyager with 3.3 4 months ago had leak in head gasket fixed
and 8 months ago new computer installed and flashed has 125K on it.

has been running great but with a slight hesistation felt more like transmission shifting but is not.

about a month ago while doing about 65mph it stalled died and did not want to restart so it was towed home it started then i checked to make sure spark plug wires were on good and replaced the coil . it had trown a code reading random cyl misfire i think it may have had a second code but i did not know since this was the first time i used one of these code readers

ran good again but still with the occasional hesitation
took it for another long drive and at the higher speed it did it again this time i was driving it so i went out wiggles the spark plug wires and let it cool down and it drove home fine . same code random cyl misfire but this time i checked the second code which said cylinder 6 misfire

what is most likly the problem?

Thanks

Old 05-31-2007, 12:56 AM
HellaciousHemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 96 voyager 3.3 random cyl misfire and stalls

Well if it says random misfire other times then it could be bad wires. You can check the wires by spraying the wires with soap & waterfrom a spray bottle.This stress test will show you how much arching is going on with your wires & possibly replace them. Keep ALL ignition wires apart from each other and that will prevent misfires too so buy wire looms.

Quick Reply: 96 voyager 3.3 random cyl misfire and stalls