General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Some Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Mikeyneon20mag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help!!!

[>:]I was driving down the interstate running about 75 and all of a sudden my car just seemed like it quit like I turned my key off, but I let off of the gas and it was running. So I pulled off the road and you could not get above 3000 rpms, without it acting like you were hitting you rev limiter. So I was driving down the berm about 25 and I started to go down a hill so I shut it off thinking maybe somthing was hot and it might cool. It was off for about 3 minutes before I started it back up and it started running fine, all the way home. I hooked my scanner up and it gave me the tps sensor, I really didnt think this was the problem, but a got a new one and put it on the next moring, cause out car club was going to a big show sat. We got almost to the show when it quit again, heres the weird thing, as soon as it acted like it quit I turned the car off and then right back on and it started running fine, the rest of the way there and all the way back home. If anyone has ever seen this or had this problem let me no, I'm leaning torward the computer. I'm not real sure, been a mechanic for year, but never seen this before. Please help thanks.\

03 neon r/t , af/x long tube header,mpx underdrive pulley,mpx 60mm throttle body,cold air intake,racing motor mounts, cat back exhaust. thats all my engine and exhaust upgrades.

[IMG]local://upfiles/65074/572021A688EE478CBBE61814EDDE50DE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/65074/DEE72AF99F6F4A5D9C8758C2A612C544.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/65074/E43041F3C82445EBACC6D5C5AFA30CB1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-13-2007, 09:29 PM
HellaciousHemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Some Help!!!

Can also be a cranksensor or cam sensor. The sensors can be generating too low of a voltage and thus the computer shuts the car off or whatever because of no reading from a sensor or two. So really if you think about it since its a interference engine one small thing can blown up to a big problem. Check the voltages coming from all engine sensors not just seeing what might bethe problem then go from there, check connections too.