General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

SRT-4 engine/pcm problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 09:53 PM
szaSRT4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-4 engine/pcm problem

Ok I need ur help, this has happend for 3 times now and i dont know what it is, heres the story:
i was driving on the highway, i was in a hurry going like 100 - 120 mph constantly, sometimes 150. i drove about 60 miles and everything seemed to be fine... i was @ 5th gear all the time. then i drove off the highway, switched to neutral while stopping and i noticed that something wrong. the rpm werent going smoothly down to around 1k but it stopped somewhere @ 1700 then want to 1200 and stayed there for a couple of secs. i was like wtf is wrong... so i stopped and pushed the gas in neutral and the engine didnt go above 2k rpm, and it sounded like a fuel cut out. i tried to push it a few more times but it did the same. the funny thing is that when i switched to 1st gear and tried to drive it went lets say "normal" i mean the engine now was going over 2k rpm but it still didnt feel right. the temp was ok, it was above 200 for a moemnt but i was driving fast. i waited till it cools down a bit it was below 200 but it was still the same. so i turned off the engine, turned it on a sec later and guess what? everything was normal again... like nothing happened. it didnt throw any codes, no engine servise light, nothing. ok i said what the hell... but then it happend again some time later... and for the third time i made a video to make u guys understand what im talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPI_6NpAXI (sorry for the bad quality but i had only my phone...)

Ok, so it only happes whan im pushing it, and the engine gets hot. Didnt ever happen at normal driving. So what can this be? Has anyone issues like that? I think its a problem with soe of the electronics, maybe cam sensor or tps sensor...Ii checked the tps and it seems fine. I think that the plugs & wires are ok because when i turn the car off and on it goes back to normal. I think that maybe one of the sensors is screwed, and fools the pcm at high speed and temp, and when I reset it by turning the car off and on its back to narmal. Any suggestions? Maybe someone had the same thing?

thanx for reading all of this[sm=proof.gif]

Quick Reply: SRT-4 engine/pcm problem