General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Transmission Issues 92 dodge dynasty

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:53 PM
DallasHannah3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Issues 92 dodge dynasty

I have a 1992 Dodge Dyanasty, 3.3L V6 4spd O/D auto transaxle. The problem I'm having is that it will switch itself into low gear while driving and it won't come out of low until I pull over and put it in Park, turn the car off, turn it back on and then put it down into drive, SOMETIMES that works the 1st time, sometimes it works the 5th time, sometimes it does nothing. I've tried disconnecting the battery to let it the TCM "learn" but it doesn't work. Any other suggestions? I also just found something about water building up under the bulkhead connector because of it's vertical mounting, but i haven't gotten to check it yet, but it hadn't rained for like 2 weeks and it was still doing it, so i'm guessing that isnt it. It had a new filter/fluid and new Shift module (the part mounted on the front of the trans) installed a few months back before I got the car..but it's still doing it...any ideas on how to stop this?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Transmission Issues 92 dodge dynasty