General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Bolt exaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Yellow Runner
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt exaust?

I know a few of yall i think have bought a complete bolt on exaust kit and i was wandering if you had to do any cutting or welding at all? im thinking about buying one myself but i dont wanna have to do any cutting or welding at all.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:56 PM
rufnredi
Default RE: Bolt exaust?

Unless your vehicle is brand new or you live where there is no snow you'll need to cut your old exhaust off. My truck had about 60k miles on it and a few northeast winters so everything underneath was pretty rusty. Especially the clamps. The actual muffler pipe splits easily with a chisel. Enough to loosen the pipe to get the muffler off. If you cut the clamp(a hacksaw or similer works fine) in front of the muffler, loosen the pipe and pop the hangers off the rubber pieces the whole muffler and tail pipe will come off in one piece on most trucks or suv's. I've never put one on a car. I hope that helps although I'm sure it's not what you wanna hear, maybe someone else around here might have a better idea.

Old 11-05-2004, 03:16 AM
Yellow Runner
All Star

well my truck is pretty new and i have already took my stock muffler off if i have to get new hangers to weld on i cna fix that without welding but thats good news with what your said.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:46 AM
rufnredi

Good gald I could help.

Old 11-05-2004, 01:49 PM
casper
Legend

yeah you might need a torch to get the old one off. But you should be able to find an exhaust that bolts right up.

Quick Reply: Bolt exaust?