General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

TPS sensor? AC pump?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:05 PM
joe_erinerickson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS sensor? AC pump?

HELP! We have a 2000 Ram 1500 4x4. We had a new torque converter put in and as son as we got it home whenever we would turn on the ac or heater at all the truck just about dies. We took it to the local service guy and his reader said it was the TPS sensor so he changed it and the truck still does the same thing. Light on dash is still on, and when he tries to read it again, the it says it is the TPS sensor again. He told us it could be the computor or the wire running from the computor to the sensor. We called the Dodge dealer and he said that sometimes it takes a while for the sensor to "train" itself? Is this possible or are we really loking at buying a $700.00 computer? Any input would be great.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TPS sensor? AC pump?

Check the wiring from PCM to TPS, it only takes a few minutes for the TPS to relearn its parameters. Check any wires near the bell housing to make sure that they are not pinched betweet the engine and the transmission. Also check to make sure the air idle speed motor {AIS} is plugged up. It is on the throttle body. What code did the reader come up with?

Old 10-16-2007, 07:36 PM
joe_erinerickson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TPS sensor? AC pump?

Thanks for the info! The guy didn't give me the code numbers, but he said it was TPS failure and the other was TPS high voltage 300 something and 13something I think. I am definately going to check the wire, maybe when the torque converter was replaced something got pinched???

Quick Reply: TPS sensor? AC pump?