General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

3.9 dakota

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 04:28 PM
fullcollapse69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.9 dakota

my 3.9 dakota with 260k miles has finally stop runnin. I've only replaced the radiator so far since i bought it with 130k lol. Here's the story of what happened. I've been having some sortof either electrical or fuel pump problem of some sort. For awhile if i parked it at the store came back outside it wouldnt crank up and the fuel pump wouldnt turn on. So i ran a wire to the coil to the battery which turned out to be a bad idea but fired right up actually drove it like this for about 40,000 miles lol. The other day i was on the highway and it seems the wire hit the exhaust manifold and caught the wire on fire and the engine cut completly off. So i pushed it off the highway and its not gettin fire of any kind. I've replaced the coil and the stator/pickup coil. Still no fire maybe electrical problem of some sort ?? ? . Give me some ideas as on how to fix this thing i have to drive this back and forth to work as of right now im hitchin rides lol

corey

Old 12-02-2004, 05:52 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 3.9 dakota

sounds like when it grounded itself and caught fire you fried something important...when what year is it?

Old 12-02-2004, 08:46 PM
fullcollapse69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a 90 dakota sport ex cab. Think i possibly fried the pcm ? ?

Old 12-02-2004, 09:48 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's possible if it grounded out.

Quick Reply: 3.9 dakota