General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:57 PM
breadman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag light

05 Magnum RT HEMI
Ok, 6 weeks out of 3yr bumper to bumper warr. 25500 MI. the airbag light comes on.
I had always thought that things like airbags, seatbelts, emmissions, had warranty that lasted longer than the bumper to bumper warr.
I will have it fixed of corse, but do you think I would have any chance of getting chrysler to pay for it.
It looks like the code# is B1B02- Driver airbag SQUIB 1 circuit open, with possible causes (R43) driver squib 1 line 2 circuit open,
(R45) driver squib 1 line 1 circuit open, CLOCKSPRING, driver airbag,and ORC.
funny thing was, that after I left dealer it took better than 5 miles for the light to come back on, it usally came on within a 1/4 mile of startup, or would just come on and stay on as soon as you started.
The dealer wants to replace the clockspring, whatever that is, it is in the steering wheel somewhere. I think he said $269, not sure exactly but close.

[IMG]local://upfiles/65889/C6CC5D9BA933446CBD0DACE86635617D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-16-2008, 01:24 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Airbag light

the clockspring is the "slip joint " that allows the voltage to make it to the bag but allow the wheel to turn ...I took mine apart and cleaned and stretched the spring andi t's been fine for the last 4 years...

Quick Reply: Airbag light