General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Wiper Fuse Keeps Blowing.......how to..

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 06:07 PM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wiper Fuse Keeps Blowing.......how to..

If you put enough presure on it, it probally will move. The motor is geared down to make the wipers move. In other words if the motor turns say 75 times the wipers move an inch, so its gonna be hard to turn the motor over. I don't think that they put a lock or anything on it to stop it from moving when its off. On my neon, if I try to move it by hand it does not move, I probally could move it but the pressure needed I would be afraid to break the arm. When you turn the wipers on does the fuse blow immediatly and do the wipers move freely? The theory I am using here is that if they were working before the ice sheet and now they are'nt is that it caused the problem.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:20 PM
bottomsup6

Well over the weekend i got to take a little more time with the wiper motor. i didn't get it disconnected per say, but i have a little more descriptives about it. I took another look at the linkage and it definetly looks fine, the motor doesn't seem to have any frayed or severed wires. But as soon as i turn the truck on the fuse blows, the fuse doesn't blow when i turn the wipers on it blows as SOON as i start the truck?????????

Old 01-11-2005, 01:42 AM
casper
Legend

So your saying that if you have the key in ACC and the wipers on its fine, then you start the truck and it blows? If thats the case you got me, its definatly a short somewhere, but I have no clue where to look.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:03 PM
bottomsup6

hello again, did some more snooping around with the motor and actuall removed the motor from the housing. i noticed the power connector and the ground connector on the motor were crushed. i have no idea were to go to get a new connector or wiring harness for the motor?

Old 01-18-2005, 02:35 PM
casper
Legend

Its gonna be either the Junk yard or the dealer. Junk yard will be about $20, Dealer probaly $200. OK maybe not that bad but try the JY 1st.

Quick Reply: Wiper Fuse Keeps Blowing.......how to..