General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

trailer lighting problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 02:31 AM
bar79lee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailer lighting problem

hey guys, i have a 06 ram, and i have a boat trailer , which the lights where just working the other day just fine. now the lights wont work on the trailer. a friend of mine said it might be the logic box, i can't find anything about a logic box for a dodge ram.... i've checked all the fuses and the wires and still can't find anthing wrong. the ground wire from the trailer became disconnected the other day, but i think it was because it wiggled loose when i was driving..... any help would greatly be appreciated being as i can't go fishin with out the lights

Old 03-29-2008, 06:26 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: trailer lighting problem

the logic box is in the hitch wiring on the truck it converts the seperate yellow turns on the truck to the "trailer" correct wiring,
also check the hitch wiring is properly grounded

Old 03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
bar79lee

its nothing to do with the trailer cause the trailer works fine on another vehicle. it has to be some kind of fuse or something, i noticed that the only fuse under the hood, is the parking lamps fuse, which they are working. its the blinkers and brakes on the trailer that don't work. i've chased the wires all the way up under the fuse box and i can't find any breaks or anything that doesn't look normal. what else could it be? thanks for you help and time

Old 03-29-2008, 10:36 PM
bar79lee

is there another fuse panel, there are no fuses for the blinkers or brake lights. what could be shorted out. i've chased the wires all the way from the back to the front and can't find anything wrong. it has to be a fuse or something of that sort.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:58 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Mentioned BEFORE the Logic box IS in the trucks hitch wiring plug follow the plug back into the undercarriage of the truck there should be either a small black box or a "T plug" that has the logic built into it (dependant on brand of wiring)

Quick Reply: trailer lighting problem