General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

oil filter and oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 11:37 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default oil filter and oil

i have read that FRAM oil filters arn't that good (which i thought the opposite until then), and the article said that Mobil 1 filtes are good, and AC Delco filters are not that bad. I was wondering what oil filters you would recommend, as well as what oil (synthetic non-synthetic.... mobil 1, pennzoil, quaker state, etc) you would recommend. thanks.

Old 01-03-2005, 12:05 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: oil filter and oil

Get ready for a ton of replies......my humble opinion, Napa Gold Oil Filters are good as are Mobil 1 and K&N. Syn oil (not a blend) is the way to go if you plan to keep your car for any length of time. Just about all are good, I like Mobil 1, Amsoil, and for special occasions, Red Line.

Old 01-03-2005, 02:38 AM
thump186
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: oil filter and oil

MOBIL1/k&n , super tech, motorcraft, napa gold/wix,baldwin are all quality filters. syntetic oil all the way. mobil1,amsoil, and my personal choice redline (used to be mobil1 til i had a problem with thier customer service when i called with a question for customer) seeing as how its what i do for a living and told them who i was so much for professional courtsey. as for the choice in which synthetic to go with alot of people use the price factor of mobil1 as a determining factor while it is a great oil you can find better choices in amsoil or redline.

Quick Reply: oil filter and oil