General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

wiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:27 PM
joehick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring issue

I am having a problem with the adapter for the trailer plug on my truck. When I plug the trailer wiring into the adapter on the truck, I only have lights that are working on the left side. I tested the adapter on the truck and am only getting power on the left side of the adapter. I checked the fuses and they are all fine. Is their a seperate fuse box for the adapter? I have a 2003 1500 4x4 w/ quad cab.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:34 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: wiring issue

The little black adapter box is likely bad ... I'm assuming the truck has normally working right turns ect just not the trailer ....

Old 06-22-2008, 07:54 AM
joehick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that was the problem myself, so I took one off another Dodge truck. The same thing happened, the left side worked and gave me lights to the trailer, the right side nothing. I traced the wires as far as I could but I am not sure if they have a seperate fuse box just for the adapter. I appreciate your taking the time to respond back, thank you.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:25 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd try jumpering the left lights onto the trailer wiring and be sure the right trailers lights are OK

Quick Reply: wiring issue