General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

power locks, overhead light, keyless entry.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:16 PM
skp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power locks, overhead light, keyless entry.

i own and drive a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 sport v8

ok heres the deal. i installed an after market deck. well i went to five stores nobody had a wiring harness for a dodge. my friend is decent with car audio and said he could hardwire it. so i let him. only problem is ever since we installed it, my automatic door locks dont work, or keyless entry doesnt work or the overhead lights inside dont work. also i have to reset my deck everytime i turn the car on. but according to the diagrams my auto door locks and overhead lights should have nothing to do with the radio but they worked fine before i installed it. as of right now im clueless. anybody got any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated. i already checked the fuse for inside illumination and power locks.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: power locks, overhead light, keyless entry.

Look for a fuse labled "IOD". This fuse controls all that you have said are not working. This fuse controls any thing that has power with the ingition switch off. This would also explain why you have to reset the radio..

Old 07-11-2008, 09:54 AM
skp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power locks, overhead light, keyless entry.

thank you so much. thats exactly what it was. the IOD fuse was blown. that really helped me out. Hey also j/w my airbag light is on now in the dash its been on since i installed the deck. do u know what they might be? could i have possibly hit a wire or something. i checked the fuses they seemed good. so im not sure. thanks tho.

Quick Reply: power locks, overhead light, keyless entry.