General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dodge is unable to start my 06 diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
h20wrks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge is unable to start my 06 diesel

Let me start off by saying that this is my 6th Ram, but my 06 mega cab diesel might change that trend. Over the past 1200 miles it has been into the dealer for a new instrument cluster, seat belt because the dash light would not go out and for the abs light coming on intermittently. Three weeks ago she was towed to the dealer because it wouldn't start. The engine turns over but the fuel pump doesn't get energized. Since then I have almost daily called customer service (in India) trying to get some help from Dodge. Customer service refers me back to my dealer, while the dealer sends me back to dodge. The truck has 36,800 and is less than 2 years old so it is under warranty. Yesterday the dealer told me that they are going to replace the ECU for the third time, but the part is unavailable for another week. The lack of my truck has been destroying my life and I can't believe that Dodge would risk loosing a good repeat customer by not standing behind their product. If anyone on this forum has any insight as to what the issue might be or how I can contact a regional manager so that I can get a field engineer to fixmy truck I would greatly apprecite it.

Jimmy

Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Dedmeat1
Default RE: Dodge is unable to start my 06 diesel

Sounds like you need to check into the lemon law.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM
h20wrks

North Carolina only has lemon laws pertaining to cars not trucks and they base vehicle life expectency on 100,000 miles. Following that guide line they can buy me out of the truck for around half of the vehicles book value. I like my Rams and I hate to get an attorney involved because usually they are the only ones that make out. I just hope that Dodge makes an effort to keep me as a customer.

Jimmy

Old 07-10-2008, 05:39 AM
Dedmeat1

That bites.

Quick Reply: Dodge is unable to start my 06 diesel