General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help with 87 5th avenue please

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 06:21 AM
5thave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with 87 5th avenue please

i searched but didnt come up with anything useful on my problem. When driving down the road, my radio plays fine. its when i hit a bump that it chatters like crazy. the only way to stop it is to hit the dash below it or turn it off. It is the stock tape player with the joy stick fade and balance adjustment, and equalizer and external amp. Thanks for the help[sm=lol.gif]

Old 02-25-2004, 11:04 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: help with 87 5th avenue please

Sounds like bad wiring. It has one or more wires that are loose and when you hit a bump it breaks the connection and then gets contact again, over and over again.

Old 02-26-2004, 02:33 AM
5thave

i checked all of the wiring going to the fron and rear speakers. I checked the wires going to the amp. I checked everything. No bare wires anywhere. I even ran new wires to everything. She still chatters. Its gotta be in the radio itself. Looks like im gonna be looking for a new radio soon[&o] []. I really like my radio. The tape deck actually works, plays and ejects. Thanks for the suggestion/reply.

Old 02-27-2004, 06:08 PM
5thave

i figured out what was wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The joystick used for fade and balance had somehow worked itself loose inside the radio. when i hit bumps, because it was loose, would break contact with the copper connectors and chatter. i tightened the four tiny tiny little screws and she doesnt chatter anymore. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it

Quick Reply: help with 87 5th avenue please