General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Check eng code p1763

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:54 PM
kal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check eng code p1763

Hi I'm a newby to Dodge, trucks and auto trannys so bear with me. I have a 98 Ram 4WD 5.2L my check engine light is constantly on and I got the codes downloaded. It is P1763 Manfacurer Contrl Transmission. I searched for what that actually means and came up with this. P1763 Governor Pressure Sensor Volts Too High The Governor Pressure Sensor input is above an acceptable voltage level. I have absolutly no idea what that thing is or what it does. Is this an easy thing to replace. Remember I have almost no experience with an auto tranny but I'm not new to mechanics and have changed engines and manual trannys before and a lot of other things too. Should I change the sensor or can someone give me some advice on how to troubleshoot this problem. The truck seems to have lost a lot of power when the light came on. I have to rev the engine really high just to get it to move from a stop. And now my mpg went way down too. It happened when my friend was towing my car on a trailer and he said the rpms jumped way up all of a suddon and the ck eng light came on. Please help. Thanks.

Old 05-09-2005, 12:28 AM
kota98
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Check eng code p1763

I believe this isthe code I had
Are you getting an O2 sensor code also?
try taking the conection off on the Rear O2 sensor and reset comp see if the tranny code goes and stays away I ran mine a week this way to make sure it wouldnt come back If you do this tape your commections with electrical tape so road crap and water dont got in conection. If this solves your tranny problem Replace the O2 sensor if not email me at kota981@yahoo.com I do have yahoo messager hope this helps
Rick

Quick Reply: Check eng code p1763