General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

99 Ram engine light on.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005 | 03:00 AM
Cici22499
Default 99 Ram engine light on.

The engine light on my Ram came on and the only thing I've done or actually know to do so far is checked all my fluids. The only thing that was down was my antifreeze, which I just added to normal levels about a week and a half ago. I'm thinking there is a leak in my radiator. My man was telling me that in the Ram manual it says to only put the antifreeze into the overflow tank when trying to get the levels up again, but from his prior knowledge on all of his cars and trucks you're just supposed to pour it directly into the radiator. For some strange reason would this affect the levels and be causing the light to keep coming on, or most likely is it a leak? I'd just like any advice on some things to check out at home before I go carting the truck and my money into some shop.
Thx
Ci

Old 06-02-2005 | 10:06 AM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: 99 Ram engine light on.

go to autozone, they will pull the code for free. that will tell you more about what could be wrong.

be sure to post the code they pull on here. we can also help

Old 06-02-2005 | 04:49 PM
Cici22499

Gosh I cannot believe how unbelievably friendly and helpful everyone is on here.. not one person has yet to comment on the fact that I am so dumb when it comes to cars thus far, but I am trying to learn more. I will post the code asap, and thanks so much for the input!!

Old 06-02-2005 | 05:51 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

After you check ya levels, fluid. Reset ya ECU.

Quick Reply: 99 Ram engine light on.