General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

0PSI Oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 01:56 AM
angel72781
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0PSI Oil Pressure

Ok, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 pickup. 8.0l It seems to have been running fine, except for a little tink tink noice up by the left front tire, was thinking that that was a u-joint or something. This had been going on for about 2 weeks. Then today I was driving up a steep hill w/cruise control on and the check guages light comes on. I look and I have 0 oil pressure, I checked the oil and it was fine, yet when I tun the engine on now I still have no oil pressure and there is a pinging noise coming from the motor. Please help what could be wrong. Thanks

Old 06-18-2005, 06:27 PM
badram1500
Veteran
Default RE: 0PSI Oil Pressure

check the engine oil pressure with a mannual gage. Do this very carefully. If the engine actually doesn't have oil pressure you will destory the engine by running it in this condition. When you checked the oil was there any metal or sparkly bits in it? You may want to remove the oil filter and cut it in half to check for metal or bearing material. Either one and its time for an overhaul.

Old 06-25-2005, 02:45 AM
JCswm
Veteran
Default RE: 0PSI Oil Pressure

ORIGINAL: badram1500

check the engine oil pressure with a mannual gage. Do this very carefully. If the engine actually doesn't have oil pressure you will destory the engine by running it in this condition. When you checked the oil was there any metal or sparkly bits in it? You may want to remove the oil filter and cut it in half to check for metal or bearing material. Either one and its time for an overhaul.
I agree 100%

Quick Reply: 0PSI Oil Pressure