General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Another Remote Start/Alarm Question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Truckin_Tom
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Remote Start/Alarm Question...

Does anyone have any experience with the Audiovox Prestige APS-996A Remote Starter w/ Car Alarm? I know there are alot of DEI fans on here but does anyone have good or bad reviews of Audiovox's line-up? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:56 AM
keithamos
Default RE: Another Remote Start/Alarm Question...

Hi There:

I have that exact one.....and I just love it. It's so nice to start it up and have it cooling down when I get in. Mostly here in Tucson when it's still 100+ at 6 p.m., just start it up when I get ready to go. It has many nice features and you can add on trunk pop-door pop and if you live in cold country you can set it up to automatically start it up if it gets too cold throughout the night\day. It a really nice unit, I was a little skepitcal at first with the Audiovox name but its a first rate alarm system. Hope it helps in your decision -- if you want respond back and I can give you a couple of sites for a remote cover and a place where you can get a remote replacement a whole cheaper than the dealers.

Keith

Old 07-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Truckin_Tom
Professional

Hi Keith

Thanks for the input.. I have a local retail car/audio outfit here near Dallas, TX who wants $450 for the remote start w/ car alarm (almost $700 with installation) but I'm seeing them on e-Bay, brand new, for less than $150.. I figure, even if I have to pay $200 to have a professional install, I'd get the same product for half the cost..

I've been doing my homework on this model and it looks pretty impressive, especially with the CL-100 add-on (satellite module).. Go ahead and give me a bead on the LCD remotes.. I know one's included but it'll be good to know where I can get one if it's broken..

Thanks again for the input! [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 07-11-2005, 02:45 AM
keithamos

Here's the info:

For a remote cover---this is where I got mine = www.installer.com you'll want one to keep the crystal cover from being scratched up on the two way display remote. (search for remote coat). For a replacement two way remote go to www.plasmacreations.com they have the lowest price that I've been able to find so far. I think that you will be very pleased with the APS-996a alarm system you want to get -- again I sure am.

Keith

Quick Reply: Another Remote Start/Alarm Question...