General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HOT OR NOT ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 06:40 PM
roadrat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOT OR NOT ????

Thanks Folks any help will be greatly appreciated, 03ram 4 dr 4.7 w/ 79 k miles auto trans stock truck started to get temp gauge reading abt. 3/4 was just below 1/2 when all this started, had the radiator flushed, and it looked like it was getting hotter,ran it the next day for 200 miles w/ the heater on full blast not too comfortable when it's 96 outside,it kept temp down to abt 3/4 took it to dealer, bad thermostat, coincidentally bad sensor, changed both out, same problem, to the tune of $365.so far now he is going to pull the radiator
next and give it a good ouside cleaning, water temp and sensor temp reading different water temp was 210 degrees good water flow, radiator looks clean,put shop ragg in
front of radiator and it sucked it in hard I don't think he really knows where to go from here Dodge dealer by the way. any suggestions?? Thanks in advance RoadRat

Old 07-19-2005, 08:40 PM
roadrat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOT OR NOT ????

Thanks to all who read my post:
4 day's later, and a ?? mechanic who tried his utmost to solve this problem. anyone else
with a simliar problem try running hand over the rad and look for cooler spots
seems as if my rad was hot at top cooler in the middle and hot at bottom
middle was plugged up, warm or hot all over is good, installed new rad
and running cooler than ever total cost $ 845.00
new thermostat
new heat sensor
installed and removed water pump
pulled rad and cleaned it outside reinstalled it
removed rad and BINGO installed new rad
PROBLEM SOLVED
Chrysler Dealer Chiefland Florida