General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

why tire balance is critical

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:39 PM
thump186
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: why tire balance is critical

ORIGINAL: nathan24

If you can see threads you are long over due for new tires. If the tires wear on the sides then you overflate them. If they are worn in the center you over inflated them.

Over inflated tires tend to wear in the center and under inflated on the out side. Inflation issues are not the only reasons for tire wear. It all depends on how and where the tire is wearing.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:51 PM
rustytracks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: why tire balance is critical

Hello, I just bought a new 16' trailer with these crappy 15" bias tires. I took the trailer back because it vibrated so bad it shook the truck. So they traded it out for another one and it does the same thing. It had 45 psi, so I backed them down to 34 psi. This seemed to barely help but not enough. I have owned several trailers and never had one shake like this. I own two other trailers one is a 10 ton triple axle goosneck and the other is a 13' single axle, both with radials and they do not have this problem. This new trailer is a very well heavy built nice 4" c-channel trailer, but I think these tires just do not work on this trailer. What do ya'll think? What kind of tires would be the best for this application? Thanks

Quick Reply: why tire balance is critical