General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

SUDDEN LOSS OF BRAKES, PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 10:26 PM
PARoadRunner
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SUDDEN LOSS OF BRAKES, PLEASE HELP!!!

yea, all in all its not like the price is unfair, although i have no idea what quality Im getting, i was just towed to this place. The guy let me look at everything right there and explained everything pretty well. Its a small place, they buy their parts for each job, nothing stock. Now that I think of it, I forgot to ask him if the shoes would be semi-metallic, those seem to be better than fully metallic parts in terms of noise and heat. As far as Ive read anyway. Well, its a chunk out of my pocket, and Im sure there will be more (such as an ABS speed sensor). Im just getting adjusted to all these big numbers. Once I actually become competant enough to fix a lot of my own car issues, I can avoid shelling out money i dont have.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

Call Sears automotive ,Ask them to check your brakes first. Only get the first shop to fix the problem that you just had. Don't go overboard now. have someone like Sears check it out ,Don't tell them a lot. It won't come close to $400.00

Old 09-13-2005, 02:51 PM
PARoadRunner
Professional

Well, Im kind of stranded, probably 60 miles from the nearest Sears. I work for Sears, and their automotive centers replace pads, drums and rotors, but they wouldnt do work like replacing wheel cylinders. They dont even change oil, I doubt theyd change brake fluid. And this same work would cost me a lot more in a nationwide chain like Jack Williams or Midas. I have friends that work in Midas that said it would be $1100 minimum for new drums, shoes, cylinders, rotors and front pads.

Quick Reply: SUDDEN LOSS OF BRAKES, PLEASE HELP!!!