General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

so many probs (colt)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Hagen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so many probs (colt)

i picked up a dodge 92 colt with 113,000 miles for a grand the other day, not a bad pickup. unfortunatly there are alot of lil things wrong with it that i cant figure out. im no mechanic so i was hoping there would be a simple fix. heres a few problems:
1) taillights dont work- every other light (except dash) works just fine. i figured it was a fuse problem so i checked it all out and didnt find anything wrong with em. i then went to think it was a problem in some wiring- i have literally no knowledge on wiring.
2) wipers have problems. kind of hard to describe, the little motors still work, but when i put the wipers back on they dont move at all. you can hear it trying to move em, but it just doesnt work.
3) idles a bit too high when in neutral. . . roughly 2000rpms. ive been told that many dodges do this and it shouldnt be a problem, but it still makes me a bit nervous.
4) suspension squeeks like none other. apparently the guy i picked it up from just got new suspension, but even when i shift it squeeks abnormally!!
Again, im no mechanic by any means, just a dodge enthusiast with a little bit of car knowledge. anyways, any help would be great. thx

Quick Reply: so many probs (colt)