General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

engine turns over, but does not start?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:37 PM
DRUNKHORSE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine turns over, but does not start?

99 intrepid with 2.7 liter engine
I bought this car through ebay about 7 months ago and the same damn day I bought it, the engine blew out when I got home from a 2 hour trip. I recently swapped the engine, I put the same liter engine in, and now the car wont start. I dont know why im having this problem if the car worked fine before I swapped engines. My problem is that I have no spark in the coils. I recently bought a camshaft and a crankshaft sensor and still the car wont start. The battery is fine, the relays are fine, and the fuses are fine. I dont know why this is happening because about a 2 weeks ago I brought a mechanic to check it out and he was able to turn it on with my help (me cranking the engine). Once the car was on we turned it off cause it didnt sound good (like if it didnt have enough oil) . Then he checked the PCM for codes and he got the crank/cam sensor codes, thats why I changed them. Also when I put the engine in I soldered all the wires to the coils because for some reason the wouldnt reach the coils so I gave all of them extra wire. The wire I used is the same wire that is used for speakers and such. Could this possibly be the problem to the "no spark problem?" Tomorrow I am thinking of putting in the other wiring harness that I got from the newer engine I put in, hopefully that might fix it.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
thx in advance

ps- http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...dompics108.jpg
here is a picture of the engine I put in.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...dompics109.jpg
Im not sure where the hose from the valve cover goes to, if anyone can let me know that would be awesome!!

Old 11-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: engine turns over, but does not start?

You might wanna try posting this in the General Tech section.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:17 PM
DRUNKHORSE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted it there and they moved back here.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I doubt you'll get many responses in here, as the section is almost dead. I'll take care of it...

Quick Reply: engine turns over, but does not start?