General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Amplifier hookup Q's + clock memory prob.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Newneonguy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amplifier hookup Q's + clock memory prob.

Hi I have a Jensen JXP340 watt amp I want to hook up to my speakers and a sub, but I need to know if you can hook up the amp directly to the battery or if I need to buy a seperate fuse box thing to run between. My amp has a 25 amp fuse in the side of it. Also I cannot get my clock to stay set after I turn off the ignition (or any presets for the matter) any ideas why or what to do? There is a black wire I have no idea what it goes to but if I touch it to anything it will blow the fuse. any help is great.
Thanks

Old 12-02-2005, 05:00 AM
RAMBITION
Default RE: Amplifier hookup Q's + clock memory prob.

First , you need to put a fuse at the battery no more than 18 inches from the battery. The fuse is for protecting the car not the amp. Do not run the wire outside between the door jam , run it through a grommet in the engine compartment. You did not say what kind of radio you put in the car , so here goes ITS NOT WIRED RIGHT!!!!! The radio has a constant power that needs to be wired in and thats why it has no memory. Check over the wiring that the radio manufacturer suggests. Then retest the wires in the car. PV.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Newneonguy
Rookie

thaks the radio is just a kenwood cassete. but the problem is that the speakers all work fine but just will not keep time and stuff. the back of the unit has a black plug that has an orange wire and a blue one thats left with nowhere to go the grey plug coming from the car has several wire slots I cam put them in but none work could the black wire just need to be touching metal?or what

Old 12-06-2005, 11:40 PM
thump186
Record Breaker

9 times out of 10 your blue wire will be your remote on for your amp and the orange is probaly your 12 volt constant.

Old 12-10-2005, 03:12 PM
casper
Legend

The black wire is ground, the blue either amp turn-on or power antenna, the red is accesory and the yellow is constant 12V

Quick Reply: Amplifier hookup Q's + clock memory prob.