General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

gain 5 horsepower over the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gain 5 horsepower over the weekend

I found this article while looking for some things for my neon. Interesting. I might try a few things on there. I was wondering if anyone has stumbled upon this.

http://www.ultimateresourceguides.co...-freemods.html

Old 01-03-2006, 12:26 AM
casper
Legend
Default RE: gain 5 horsepower over the weekend

1. The plug one will not work on an aluminum head, you will strip the threads. Also, there is only so much you can tighten the plugs to begin with.

2. insulate your fuel lines, maybe, doubt it though.

3. relocating your IAT is not going to do anything more than those garbage IAT resitors that claim 20+hp, yeah ok.

4. Synthetic, yeah, thats true.

5. higher water to colant ratio, will actully be less effective a 50-50 mix is optimal.

6. Throttle body colant???????? Thats a vacum line in the picture. Change your blinker fluid while your at it, lol

Old 01-04-2006, 03:24 AM
injmopar
Veteran
Default RE: gain 5 horsepower over the weekend

Scary
Using tork to index a plug!!! On an aluminum head!?!? They sell shim washers for that
The cooler an engine is the more power it will make??? Then a motor should make less and less power as it warms up in the winter.
The lower the boiling piont of the coolant the better the chances bubbles will form between the head surface and the coolant. This leads to hot spots and cracks.This is the only reason to run a colder thermastat.

Quick Reply: gain 5 horsepower over the weekend