General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

95 Ram rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 05:07 PM
modaddyoh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Ram rough idle

Having problems with a 95 Ram 1500 2 wheel drive. Fault codes i'm getting are 12 and 55. The truck will run fine for 20 minutes on intial start up and then spit and sputter until it is unable to pull it's on weight. The motor has been recently tuned up dist.cap, wire's, plug's, etc. to cure the problem and that didn't help. Replaced oxygen sensor that didn't help. It does have 220,000 any suggestion's on what it could be. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times and they can't tell me what's wrong with. Once it shut's down and I wait for a bout 15 minutes it's start's up and run's like nothing is wrong with it. I'm stumped and need help. Thanks.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:55 AM
Chump
Captain
Default RE: 95 Ram rough idle

ORIGINAL: modaddyoh

Having problems with a 95 Ram 1500 2 wheel drive. Fault codes i'm getting are 12 and 55. The truck will run fine for 20 minutes on intial start up and then spit and sputter until it is unable to pull it's on weight. The motor has been recently tuned up dist.cap, wire's, plug's, etc. to cure the problem and that didn't help. Replaced oxygen sensor that didn't help. It does have 220,000 any suggestion's on what it could be. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times and they can't tell me what's wrong with. Once it shut's down and I wait for a bout 15 minutes it's start's up and run's like nothing is wrong with it. I'm stumped and need help. Thanks.
Quick guess is that the fuel pump is starting to die. Time for a fuel pressure test when it acts up. Might be a bad Crank Postition sensor or it's connector.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Junior5290
Rookie
Default RE: 95 Ram rough idle

Check fuel pressure, if ok when condition is present, does your tach read any rpms? possibly a crank sensor issue. When the sensor warms up it becomes fuzzy and wont be able to fire.

Quick Reply: 95 Ram rough idle